1. The installation site shall be well ventilated. There shall be sufficient air inlet at the generator end and good air outlet at the diesel engine end. The area of air outlet shall be more than 1.5 times that of water tank.
2. The surrounding of the installation site should be kept clean and avoid placing articles that can produce corrosive gases and vapors such as acid and alkali nearby. Fire extinguishing devices shall be equipped if conditions permit.
3. For indoor use, the smoke exhaust pipe must be led to the outside, the pipe diameter must be ≥ the diameter of the smoke outlet pipe of the muffler, and the elbow of the connected pipe should not exceed 3 to ensure smooth smoke exhaust, and the pipe should be tilted down 5-10 degrees to avoid rainwater injection; If the exhaust pipe is installed vertically upwards, a rain cover must be installed.
4. When the foundation is made of concrete, its levelness must be measured with a level bar during installation to fix the unit on a horizontal foundation. There shall be special shockproof pads or foundation bolts between the unit and the foundation.
5. The unit shell must have reliable protective grounding. For generators that require direct grounding of the neutral point, the neutral grounding must be carried out by professional personnel and equipped with lightning protection devices. It is strictly prohibited to use the grounding device of mains power for direct grounding of the neutral point.
6. The two-way switch between the generator and the mains must be separated.
Various materials of the unit will have complex chemical and physical changes with engine oil, cooling water, diesel oil, air, etc., which may cause the following faults of the unit.
1. When water enters the diesel engine, due to the condensation of water vapor in the air due to the change of temperature, it forms a water droplet hanging on the inner wall of the oil tank and flows into the diesel oil, which causes the water content of the diesel oil to exceed the standard. Such diesel oil entering the engine high-pressure oil pump will rust the precise coupling plunger, and seriously damage the unit, which can be effectively avoided by regular maintenance.
2. The engine oil deteriorates, and its retention period (two years). The engine oil is used for mechanical lubrication, and the engine oil also has a certain retention period. The physical and chemical properties of the engine oil will change when stored for a long time, resulting in the deterioration of the lubricating condition of the unit during operation, which is easy to cause the damage of the unit parts, so the lubricating oil should be replaced regularly.